11-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #34
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizfiend View Post
Hi.
The BOV sounds really good and pronounced. Not too high pitched.

The engine light turned on when I drove away after installation and for about 1-2 weeks we could not find the reason why it sounded so weird.

In the end the mechanic put the car up to watch the value from under the car while someone rev'd it. He noticed the valve was not opening and closing.

He then completely removed the valve and opened it.

It turns out the valve came with a wax or some type of grease that was too thick and hard which caused the valve to not open and shut properly. He cleaned it out and used a different grease, and the O-ring needed to be replaced because the original one got destroyed in the first installation.

After this it works perfectly.

How much were you charged to install this and how long did it take.
Did it work after the first time installing.
I paid $240CAD for the whole installing time because they didn't know what the problem was and no one has experience installing BOV on this car. HO LUN MA FAN

Where did you order your rear diffuser from, and did it come painted or did you have to get it painted.

Do you have jb4.

What lowering springs are you using.

I just saw your new downpipe, sounds pretty good.

Thanks.
Oh man that must have sucked. At least everything's all cool now. Glad you like it.
Similar price to get it installed. It took about half a day, maybe 3-5 hrs? Yes, it worked immediately after install. I used the blue spring.

Ordered the rear diffuser (M performance) from a shop in HK called Valiant. Originally black colour so had to get it painted.

No JB4. No tune yet. Will consider the Manhart piggyback maybe in the near future.

I have the KW's V2.

Thanks! I'm surprised the downpipe has pretty good improvement over the sound and power.
Appreciate 0