United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65 View Post
I have zero issue with contrarian positions. I do have issues with 1 or 2 sentence unsubstantiated tripe that appear to be thread-jacks & don't offer any real insight, except to be negative. And that, to me, is how those posts appear.

I am all for people posting their experiences. But when a post says things like "this is misleading" or "fluffy" or doesn't expand on the 1-2 sentence comments, well - it just seems like a negative comment/thread jack & serves zero purpose except to cast doubt to readers looking for help.

My point about objecting to the "debate" is that it's a one or two sentence bit of blurb versus my rather in-depth, first hand experience after a week using the JB1. I notice no jerkiness (because I know how to shift) and I notice no introduction of any lag whatsoever.
Do you work for BMS or something? Never seen anyone object so aggressively to opposing viewpoints. Still not sure why you are so vehemently defending a tune for which many people have clearly reported trouble with. You mention readers "looking for help"...hate to break it to you, but highlighting the downfalls of a product also help people make a decision.

Next, you mention your rather in-depth review, for which you've hand first hand experience with...
1) Your review offers about 4 sentences of digestible content related to the actual performance of the JB1.
2) 1 week of driving with the JB1 is not a great sample size considering you are still in the honeymoon phase with the tune. As you get more miles on it, I am sure you will start to see some more of its downfalls, as we have alluded to.
3) Why would someone write a novel, when they can get their point across in 1-2 sentences?

Lastly, patronizing people ("because I know how to shift") is never going to help get your point across. Let the discussion progress organically, don't try to minimize other people's experiences because you disagree.
Appreciate 2