View Single Post
      10-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #32
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

I think this is a good discussion, but so far no one has made a strong argument that the M235i is not a true M car. I read every post here but am still left confused.

One guy says "I've said it many times" ... still does not make it true.

Another poster says basically it can not be an M car because it does not compete with an Audi M-equivalent (RS3 or whatever that's called).

And then there's the no DCT and no bespoke engine argument. My response would be for you to check out the 1M.

No standard LSD and M suspension. Well, BMW will sell you these OEM M parts for your M235i.

We're truly just saying it doesn't "look" like an M car. It needs more body paneling and a quad exhaust in order for it to be more convincing and for the rest of the shortcomings to be forgiven.

Still very unclear. It seems to me like we don't want to believe its a true M car (based on the landslide votes in favor of no) and that the M brand has been diluted this badly, but it may be happening. I have no opinion on this by the way. I belong to the "its sad but who cares" camp. But still interesting. I would like to hear a convincing post or argument for/against. An official announcement, endorsement or whatever ...

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 10-26-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0