United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, 2010 135i, 2004 WRX

Garage List
2010 135i  [6.00]
2004 WRX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Nice logic there, maybe it's a bit of a wishful thinking but I would love to see that more than another inline six; not because I don't love the sixes but because it is time to invest more on lightness and smaller displacement for M.
Agreed, an I4 is taking a step in that direction. I'm not sure about weight, but I believe the displacement to be anywhere from a 2.0L to a 2.4L I like to think the M2 will be a more thoughtout 1 series M coupe. And a lot of that effort will be spent on the motor.

I've heard people complain about the 1 series M coupe's drivetrain being a weakness, but they tend to be the ones who wuoldn't go back to MT after the DCT. I can see the DCT being offered in the M2 now that the engineers have more time for scheduling and approvals.

A carbon fiber reinforced plastic roof is also a strong possibility due to, agian, a longer development time.

Time will also tell if Carbon Ceramic brakes will be offered across the M line up.

Seeing quad pipes on a 4 cylinder car (even though an M signature design) might look rediculous from under the car, but we have seen this before on cars such as the subaru sti.

Just some thoughts....