View Single Post
      11-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #37
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Right, yes, I remember those rumors very well.

The thing you seem to be ignoring is that SCOTT's an insider, so if he says BMW is considering it, then they are. That doesn't mean that they will do it for sure, but the point is that the whole trademark thing itself is not the strongest evidence being presented here. Rather SCOTT's comment is. You could discount his comment outright too, sure. But he's left similar ones all over this forum so that's going to be a lot of "Meaningless."-type posts for you to work through. Nevermind the fact that many of things he has said have already come to pass.
LOL. There are no "insiders" from NA or AG posting anything on any forum. Trust me on this. They (BMW) monitor these forums heavily and the second any product information is leaked, the person responsible for leaking it will be fired within 24 hours. Just look at the fiasco with the E90 brochure leaked back in 2004. That wasn't even in ENGLISH.

Nothing I've seen posted here isn't available to the general automotive press. Especially the blurb about the Z2. That rumor has also come and been put to rest.

I also predicted the use of magnetic valves (valvetronic) back in 2000, "released" the HP and torque ratings of M54, N52 and N54 engines back in 2000, and a slew of my predictions about future BMW products have come true as well, it doesn't make me more of a BMW "insider" than the next HACK.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0