stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Surely you jest......

Each iteration of the 3 series has had a better suspension than the previous version, allowing for more grip.

E21 < E30 < E36 < E46 < E90 < F30

what car do you think Bimmerworld and Turner motorsport will run this year? It won't be an F30 just because it's NEW...... but because their testing has shown that the chassis and suspension are better.

In the case of the E46.... it did take a few years of development getting weight out of the chassis... and TMS ran the E36 325s for a little longer... but clearly the E46 325s outpaced the E36 325s they ran in Speed World Challenge etc
I don't think he does jest. It depends how you define things. I don't like the way my E92 handled. It was "good", and on paper I knew it was making me a better driver at the track and just behaved better overall. But it is crazily disconnected and uninvolving compared to the E36. 99.99% of this forum is not a race car driver, not even a weekend driver. Competitive racing such as those described have nothing to do with the argument. People should connect with what speaks to them the most and is the most fun. Most people on here don't--as, by nature, this forum is primarily about buying the latest and greatest. Does not mean it is a better driver's car. It just gets better lap times. That's a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
My 95 M3 with the s50 had 240hp, I've since done intake, HFM, fuel injectors and chip to bring it to 275hp. I'd have to add camshafts, a different tune, and catless exhaust to even get it close to 320hp...

I blame BMWNA.
Supercharge, my friend.

Put it this way though, you're still making 75hp more than the heavier BRZ/FRS which is a modern vehicle, not developed in the late 80s.