B777flyboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i carbon black

Garage List
2013 Bmw 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeomatic
I'm a newbie here but hope to earn my stripes with my new M235i soon. (EB/Black, Tech/Lux/Drive Asst 1 & 2, HK, etc. delivery in 3 weeks).

Was a gearhead as a kid, racing foreign cars at dragstrips, and autocrosses, etc. Borrowed a friends 2012 M3 for my honeymoon last year and got hooked on Bimmer now.

I went to a number of dealerships in the Los Angeles area, completely planning on replacing my Prius (yawn) with a new 335i. This was right after the Olympics when the M235I spots were running.

Happened to see one at one dealership and took it for a ride after a 335i test drive. Wow! Just a freaking blistering little go cart of fun! Wife and I had always felt that a sedan made more sense. But then we really started thinking...kid in college, wife has a sedan with the bike rack. We really are often just 1 or 2 in the car. She gave me the blessing and I switched from the 335i to the M235i.

Like others here, I've read copious reviews, videos and chats re the car. So many of the purists that are saying what it *isn't*.

(not a true M, no LSD, not light enough, etc.) <Sigh!>

As a former record producer, I used to hear everyone critique every new band in the world with "Well, they're not the Beatles..."

Different time, different rules...

I'm looking at my 1st Bimmer and it's cheaper than the loaded 335i and is way more fun to drive, IMO. It's got specs that place it *close* to the M3, which is the holy grail for me. It's is more driveable in the city though, gets better gas mileage and should be more affordable to maintain, no?

Acceleration better than 95% of cars on the road, sporty handling, easy to park, Uh-MAZE-ING seats and good gas mileage. Virtually all of the reviews giving mighty props to it too.

I've looked at and driven a lot of cars in the last year. Not a LOT of cars that are as spunky as this guy and hit all the 3's (300Hp, 300ft/lb, 30MPG). Yes there are others out there that are great (no flame wars, please) but nothing that feels as perfect for me as the 235.

Maybe someday I'll restore some treasured E46, but for now, I'm looking WAY forward to enjoying this little pocket rocket.

Peace!
Go find a 1er and drive that.
Appreciate 0