View Single Post
      08-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #45
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Above re: significant other's opinion of the choice to spend. LOL...loved that line.

BTW--Would be glad to post pics of what we did on exhaust, as requested above, but honestly, been out of complete touch with photobucket due to overseas work. Am not on FB for security reasons, so will have to get at it with some help. Confession is good for the soul--so no flames please...have just been out of your loop on trying to load things up for the forum fun.

Yeah, I know get a life --- but what I do is as far away from all the forum posting of driveway shots as you can get.

BUT if I can here, we did not "Y" the 3" straight pipes into main exhaust pipe. It was cut; then both actual OEM exhaust pipe remaining behind resonator after cutting and new straight pipe were flanged together, like an exhaust system is normally. It goes back straight aft, and ties to a lateral pipe, thus causing exhaust to yes, be slightly blunted, turn left or right and exit out twin pipes properly on both sides of M235 diffuser. Its the same basic bend made inside a PE but w/o the casing and holed-canister w/glass packing.

A "Y" at the flange junction was excessive the "T" farther back---just right. It actually matches the cracking good 335 vid in MAIN forum posts [RE: Comparing M235 to 335is exhaust note]. Cheers mates.

Last edited by zkeeper; 08-04-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0