View Single Post
      09-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #167
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Because MOST PEOPLE don't need a M4 to stroke their ego.

They can easily buy a pure track car like the M235i and throw some extra bits on it to get it to perform like they want... not withstanding BMW artificially lower it's siblings performance, because Lawyers & Doctors like to have #'s saying their lux-bomber M4 is "better"..!

Nobody thinks the new M4 is quintessential BMW... nobody! I would not own one if you gave it to me.. I'd sell it and buy a more proper BMW, like the M2, or a modified M235i.. why not?

Nothing wrong with that, it is just a different focus & direction than previous generations. Also, the smaller, lighter M-car will always pick up the track duties.

To me, BMW M has always had a spartan level of lux (see 1M, plz), just great engineering & craftsmanship. But now, since BMW's focus is less motosports, they now have focus more on features & lux to sell their M-cars..
You are not everybody. Your assumptions are soundly based on your preferences and world view, and that clearly is not "every body" nor "nobody".

And this, "...pure track car like the M235i "
That's a grand example of hyperbole.
Again, it's the internet, a vast land of unsubstantiated, unsupported, self imposed reality, where everyone is an expert on everything and facts are simply barriers made of clouds, and we can all play in it.
Appreciate 0