12-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #10
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
rotors should be fine.... you could swap pads for YellowStuff which work well on the street too but even the stock are not too bad....

RFB600 fluid and yellowstuff works well
I can personally attest, that Yellowstuff + RBF 660 took 6x20 minute hard sessions, my first time throwing everything I had at the car, on one of the fastest tracks in Canada (Montreal Grand Prix circuit or Mosport would be equally as fast/ challenging..). It held up well, much better than I thought they would, to be honest. For the price, and street performance (they bite well, with no fade) you really can't beat, them.

Was about 28*C that day, so not the hottest day ever, but the tires were definitely more of a limiting factor for hard threshold braking. I had a lot of ABS interventions on the 200km/h hard braking sections especially when I had to wind it down to 2nd gear. That's why I've invested in a square 18x9 setup with R compound tires. I'll run the Yellowstuffs on the street moving forward as I feel they're a great pad for mountain tours, but will be switching to PFC-08's for the track for sure.