07-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #229
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I think BMW has very nearly covered the A45/CLA45 with the Mx35i cars, so that leaves the M2 to be a different animal. A light weight, better balanced car appeals to me more than an M235.5 or an M4 Lite.
Do you really think the M135 has the CLA45 covered? Its much slower and deeply unattractive. I wouldn't purchase this car on looks alone but when you consider the performance, these cars are in different divisions altogether.

Perhaps the M235 will step things up. Certainly in the looks department the images I've seen are a great improvement but I doubt we're going to see performance to match the CLA45.

The M2 is completely unknown at this point but like you I'm hoping for a lightweight RWD car and as I stated previously this car has to be 6 cyl and has to compete KW for KW with the CLA45. If we're talking a seriously lightweight M2 than I'll make an allowance if it's got it on PWR but we haven't even started talking price yet

1M was 100k here and the M2 will probably come in at 120k with a massive list of options. CLA45 is 86k and just about every option box is already ticked, plus it beats the 1M on PWR.

Like I said in the previous post. BMW have some work to do here.........
Appreciate 0