Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 | MKIV Supra | Aventador S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy Rich View Post
30 people are shot in my home town every day, 6 shot shouldn't be this large of an OMG was my point.

Don't see how this influences those taking delivery of their $80k vehicles.
I completely agree with you. But this is a different context as the victims are in a place generally thought to be safe and where families can go and spend time together enjoying life. It's a little different than the accumulation of murders in say Chicago where the victims of most of those shootings were involved in a wrong life style and or just at the wrong place(area known for such activities) at the wrong time.

I wouldn't expect to be on Rodeo Drive on vacation and some murdering ahole jumps out and sprays the sidewalk with an AK or enjoying fire works a national and family celebration like in France and a terrorists plows through crowd.

So people aren't appalled by the numbers so much as the act and location.
Reference reminds me of something I heard the other night at dinner.

Woman at table next to me was complaining about a black lives matter protest on Rodeo and said, "I can't believe there were no police, it was so scary. What if one of them had a gun and were like let's shoot these rich white people today."

I guess it's the desensitization that makes me view shootings like these from a different perspective.
Appreciate 0