View Single Post
      09-08-2016, 01:26 AM   #107
ZilberGrau ZHP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435GC MGray, 330 ZHP (Wifes),

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorOver View Post
It was a typical short loop, maybe 10-15 minutes behind the wheel, but I enjoyed it. I thought it had a pretty quick throttle response even at low revs and especially in Sport mode. The gearbox was super smooth and responsive. I think the steering feel is good, not much difference in feel from my IS300, which is comparatively heavy at low speeds, as expected. Brakes felt good as well.

Overall, it was a sufficient enough experience to convince me I didn't need to wait out an M2 considering I will most likely do very little to no track time in the car and my commute sucks, so probably more friendly as a DD. And, $10k cheaper after negotiating a below invoice deal where the M2 would go most likely at MSRP at best. The dealer found an MG with 90% of the options I wanted about 5 hours away, so I should get the car by early next week at the latest. I'm pretty stoked!
Congratulations! Drive it in good health- I really feel that I am leaning M240 Mineral Gray also- I have MG on my 435GC and love it. And carbon fiber - BMW's bits at least- look PERFECT with MG. But I want a carbon fiber front splitter, blacked out grill, carbon fiber mirror caps, 19s- not settled on those yet- and slightly lowered. I think would look bad ass - as fast as M2, better fuel economy, quieter- handles as well as anyone would want (Lowered and 19 x 9 at the rear- a bit more grip than the 8's that are standard). All that would be slightly less than M2- but I want a sports coupe- not a "racing" coupe. No the M240 will never handle like the wider, lower, better suspensioned M2- but it doesnt have to - it will be perfect car carving up windy roads wherever you find them, but more refined without as much NVH. And I am going to throw about 2k of sound equipment in mine too- I like loud, clear sound and that small space can be made to sound good.
Appreciate 0