Thread: M2 v Cayman GT4
View Single Post
      12-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #74
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

For the suspension, I think so or at least you could get pretty close, apart from the widebody and rear wheel steering (991 models), which could get pretty expensive to convert. This link may be helpful:
http://www.elephantracing.com/tool-b...n-overview.htm

But this is kind of like my predicament with the 135i. Having not jumped on the 1M quickly enough, I ended up taking a 135i anyway thinking that I'd never drive the car hard enough for it to matter. I ended up spending $4k in parts + labor for the majority of the M3 arms/wishbones, bushings, and BMW Performance Suspension. I still don't have the rear camber links, wheel/tire package, strut tower brace, or steering rack, which would cost thousands more to fit.

So oddly enough, I think it's a better value to buy the GT3 assuming the 911 you want is fairly new, but of course the used values are much more reasonable on standard 911s and they make better daily drivers as well. So I'd probably rather spend the money on a GT3 or only lightly modify a standard 911. Full conversion is too costly.

Once you start looking into the drivetrain, it makes even more sense to get a GT3 from the start.

Last edited by vantagesc; 12-02-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0