View Single Post
      06-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #74
Stay Curious
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop

Oooooohhh.

I LIKE the plate idea, I may steel that! Although, it will probably be English, as it's made in Oxford, England...but with all German BMW parts. haha

Congrats to your sister, that's very exciting. Do Hawaiian island honeymooners go to Wisconsin for their honeymoon? You know? The opposite of everyone here stateside? haha "Yeh, we're going to go tour cheese at the Wisconsin Dell's for our honeymoon and drink beer in a field." Party on!

Guess what? The ship showed up today! Celebrate with Margarita's, as it's headed towards Puerto Vallarta this morning, in the warm Mexican weather, strolling along the seashore, and surfing the waves. Thank goodness, something to ease the anticipation.

I hear you, about the cars driving. Someone passed us this weekend in a 2014 Mini, no plates yet, and I screamed at him. Okay, so the windows were closed, and it was someone that bought it in the Bay Area (200 miles away) but still! The nerve! There's only one other person up here with a Mini, and it's old, that we've seen (small town w/3000 people, perhaps 7000 total on the hill between here and South Lake Tahoe) so we'll definitely be unique.

We get snow, just enough to go "YAY," then it leaves. So we have to get chains. Not the most practical car in that weather, but we drive distance more than we have bad weather, and we have back up snow cars. I don't think we'll see too many around here. I've wanted a BMW my whole life, so that will probably be my car someday...one can wish! In the meantime, I'll enjoy our halfbreed of Mini/BMW ancestry.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0