Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Yeah my consideration for such factors is minimal at best. Within 5 miles of my M235 convertible (bad trunk, decent for vert though) I have access to a 328 sport wagon and a big GL Benz. So my threshold for "good trunk" is basically anything that's better than my convertible and if not great who cares have other options.

I honestly would have bought that car already to replace GF's 328D but it doesn't have Nav.
Yup, this is our 2nd car (3rd if you include the beater) and needs to carry around 2 very large, often very muddy rottweilers so we had to go with the FWD model

It's a little bizarre how hard people on the X1 section of this forum try so hard to convince themselves that the new one is a 'real BMW' when it's clearly not, especially compared to the hydraulic steering e90 based last gen with the M package.
We looked at the current one it's nice enough for what it is - but you're right it's not the same as the old one. For its target audience it's perfectly fine, but it's no X1 35.

We drove the current X1, 335 GT and 328 sport wagon. GT is garbage, I'd get one for GF realtor since so versatile and great for clients w giant back seat but no fun to drive. X1 was meh, biggest issue was I could not sit in the front seat. I'm 5'6" and fit so I should really be comfortable in most if not all cars, but they just hit me in a really awkward spot and I couldn't feel my legs after a while. Some people love the seats though, go figure.
Appreciate 0