View Single Post
      06-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #46
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
what do you mean? I thought you only had to do maintenance once a year or 10k miles? Unless you drove a lot and changed a lot of brakes, I can't think of anything to take advantage of.

The computer calculates when you need maintenance based on your driving habits in addition to the time and mileage. I drove my car very hard every single day. I got brakes every single year, both front and rear. I got rotors every two years. I got the wipers yearly and I got the yearly oil changes, sometimes more than once in a year. Since it was the car requesting the maintenance, the dealer just does it and gets reimbursed.

I got the car with 12k miles at a year old. I drove about 18k miles a year for the next 5 years within the remaining original warranty/maintenance and the extended warranty/maintenance.

I drove 100k on that car and every last one of those miles I put on it were extremely hard driving. I had a 80 mile roundtrip commute where I'd constantly be able to floor it and then slam on the brakes really hard in the ridiculous rush hour traffic around the DC area. I'd routinely go from nothing to over a hundred to back to a standstill. I could care less and enjoyed new brakes every year! I'm a little older now and not as reckless but I loved that car and had a blast with it.
Appreciate 0