View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 02:32 AM   #160
bimmer_yu
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d + BMW E89 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Hi bimmer_yu, I am an F10 owner and thinking of going ahead with this, can you still use the sat nav option if your phone is placed in the media cradle in the arm rest compartment, as I have this for my iphone it charges the phone and use the outside antenna for reception, I also wonder if the GPS uses the same as phone reception, i.e. if yes than the idea of having the phone in the media cradle should work.
Thanks for any feedback you have.

I agree with you on the cable side shame it cannot be hidden out of view that will being the perfect fit with the way the F10 dash is designed and the deep above the dials section.

Do you have photos of the system from driver seat too?
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, I dont have armrest media cradle in my F10. I am using iPhone 6 fixed with Fix2Car cradle on my dashboard and charged thorugh cable hidden through the dashboard. GPS reception is very good and GPS fix is immanent.

I can try to put my iPhone in the arm rest compartment and see what is happening with GPS signal... Phones use also 3G/LTE network to improve location accurancy so they are not that dependant on satelittes as traditional GPS systems.

Here is the photo from the driver's seat:

Last edited by bimmer_yu; 08-28-2015 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 1