10-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #25
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
3. The infotainment system. Holy crap. A trackball, mouse, pointer thing? What the hell is that thing? My 2013 IS had a touchscreen that was perfectly usable. That mouse thingie? Forget it. I actually asked the sales guy, "Do people actually like this thing?" Seriously, this thing is dreadful.
I owned a Lexus CT 200h F Sport before my 2 Series (Hey: I wanted to try a hybrid. Got rid of it as soon as I could, though I do miss the interior), and I found the Remote Touch Controller to be intuitive to use once you figured it out -- certainly more so than the iDrive wheel, particularly when using it with Nav. The Lexus RTC interface has been redesigned for 2016, too.

Now, granted, I absolutely detest mice -- I've used a trackball nearly my entire working life for a variety of reasons, foremost of which is precision and to help fend off carpal tunnel -- hell, I even use a trackball for gaming and forego imprecise touch pads whenever possible. So maybe I'm biased because of what I'm used to ...

As for the entirety of the cars: One's a 4-door, the other's a 2-door. That's a very important distinction. Enough's been said about the dated powerplants and drivetrains that most Lexii have -- that's a disadvantage of nearly any Toyota product these days, actually. But most people don't care about that stuff as long as it's reliable, and Lexii -- even the F Sport line -- have always been aimed at those very people: those who know about and expect Toyota reliability underneath a stylish, ultra-comfortable, premium package unlike any competitor.
Appreciate 0