12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
With due respect to the 1M owners out there, BMW M isn't in the habit of lessening the brand appeal (and performance) of successive ///M models(and I mean true ///M models). The 1M was put together relatively quickly and turned out to be a fabulous car. The M2 will have a longer development time and the results are bound to be....even better than fabulous!! And this includes the design which, according to the spy photos and NOT some of the bad renderings), will hold true to the 1 er formula.
Hopefully, so we could all go and buy one to company the elder brother 1M in the garage

Having said that, I am not among the BMW fans who think that every newer BMW or M model have to be better than the previous. Examples: My favourite M3 to date is E46 M3, especially the CSL. My favourite M5 is E39. And I believe most beautiful BMWs are 507 roadster and Z8 while most unconventional was Z1, in short, you never know what happens with a new model, I am not crazy about F20 and overall BMW styling trend and let's wait and see. If it comes out great I and many 1M owners will be among the first to celebrate (most probably by means of buying one) since we are just crazy for smaller M models by definition, just have a look at my avatar!

Still, after reading the quoted C&D article two times, word by word I couldn't see anything that we don't already have there (other than the "suit" and blue color).

Fingers crossed like everybody else.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0