View Single Post
      10-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #57
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

So having both you feel the scorcher delivers more power?

The dinan s1 shows 44hp and 100tq gain over advertised bmw numbers. Did you dyno with both tunes or are you going by a butt dyno?

One other thing that comes to mind. Dinan (a well know brand) seems to be continuing their efforts to get the s1 to optimal power. I recently had a software upgrade performed on my car. Being that there is still r&d going on how will guys with the cheaper piggybacks receive updates? Will AFE send you updates to the tune?

As a car lover I must say even though I may not own the car in 3 years I still take care of my car. It sucks for the next guy to receive an abused car. Also take into consideration that if something happens to your car while in your possession and the dealer finds out you had a piggyback they may black list your car (by vin). If youre leasing this may legally impact you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
Having tried Stage 1 in my M235i (two-wheel drive) I can say the car does feel more lively then stock. Power delivery is uniformed as described by Steve Dinan in the other forum post.

Why I switched back to a cheap piggyback (aFe Scorcher) was the instant increase in torque over the Dinan system and more peak HP. These are what was most important to me, and the fact I can simply unplug the box in less than 5 minutes to return back to stock. I don't doubt the Dinan system will be a better lasting performance upgrade. Personally, I will be done with my M235i in 3 years or less and really not worrying about it as it will never get over 25K miles during my ownership.
Appreciate 0