View Single Post
      01-01-2024, 08:06 PM   #6
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombem235 View Post
So I understand the whole diameter will be an inch or so bigger so do u think this will just not look good or will not fit? The seller stated he had zero rubbin on his bmw. I wana go look at these. I understand that it will lift the car up just a bit which shouldn’t be enough to bother me or the suspension. What else do u guys think?
A 1.1-1.3” increase in diameter will throw off the speedometer. The 0.2” difference in F-R rolling diameter could have an impact on DSC and traction control. Do you have x-drive? The difference in F-R rolling diameter may after the x-drive F and R diffs which will limit the rpm to protect the diffs. The taller F diameter may result in rubbing on the fender liner while turning the F wheels. Just because the owner experiences no rubbing on his e82, that doesn’t guarantee you’ll not get any rubbing because the stock wheel widths and offsets are different between an e82 and f22. Based on the listed widths and offsets, the wheels will sit ~0.4-0.5” outward (more aggressive) than stock. This lower offset may compound the rubbing issue of the larger diameter F tire. The 20” wheel and tire will weigh considerably more than the f22 17” and 18” setups which means a harsher ride with more NVH. Also, the shorter tire sidewalls will increase the chances of bending a wheel. Finally, the description states there’s very little treadwear left so are you prepared to buy new tires soon?
Appreciate 0