Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMike View Post
I just built a 135is and a 235Msport with the same packages/options and the 135is was just about $1000 more than the 235M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Interesting.

Weren't a lot of 135is goodies port installed?
I priced out a new M235 with the same options as my 135is and it was about $1,000 more also. The only real difference of note is that the 135is has the PE and the M235 would not, so factor that in. But, the real thing to keep in mind is you can't really go off the MSRP on the 135is because even a year ago when I got mine, you could easily get $4-5k off sticker.

There are actually still some brand new ones around now, too, and dealers are taking $8-9k off sticker on them. And that's their advertised price. I imagine it will be awhile before they start taking large discounts off the M235s and knowing BMW dealers, they may even try to charge over MSRP in the beginning with the first few they get. Point is, it's not exactly apples to apples when you figure what you'd actually pay out the door, though it's essentially the same N55 engine with nearly identical PPK tune.
my prediction is that the 228 will sell quite well, but the M235 will NOT.

the 135is was a limited affair and were tough to sell out. most of the cars sticker red around $50k. the number of people willing to spend $50k on a performance coupe is VERY SMALL. Just ask Audi about their TT and its sales figures in the US.

most people looking at the M235 will just think "I should just get a 335". the 1er was unique in its segment....the 2er is far less unique.
Appreciate 0