12-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #45
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Hopefully, so we could all go and buy one to company the elder brother 1M in the garage.
Well Oz, you've said the magic words here 'cause I was thinking of something really crazy and spectacular when the time comes.....a group buy of sorts where BMW///M can provide some guidance, coordination assistance and possibly a touch of exclusivity (via Individual) if a die hard group of maybe 10 or so enthusiasts were in for an M2 euro delivery experience?? One big one on the same day of course. And a massive party to boot!! The ///M people can be really accommodating and BMW Welt equally so.

I think it could be done and there's a decent amount of time for planning such an international venture - if buyers were willing to wait for decent Euro driving weather of course. And if, and only if, release to the various world markets was at approximately the same time. And if....and if....and yes there are a ton of stumbling blocks but a great bunch of enthusiasts would no doubt be willing to jump through hoops to make this work. Including BMW I suspect.

I've already penciled in June/2015 for my 2 week E.D.#2. I figure the more the merrier!!! If it's too early to plan, I'll gladly regurgitate the idea next year.

Here's to hoping!!