View Single Post
      08-30-2016, 01:27 AM   #670
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Yes of course - I am taking all this with a big pinch of salt. In particular, the Power and Torque values reported by DashCommand are very sensitive to one particular value in the Advanced Settings of the vehicle: the Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC); its default value for turbo-petrol engines is 0.55.

However, I'm trying not so much to "measure" the real (absolute) Power of my car, but the gains I'm getting at various Racechip settings - therefore, in the very same conditions and before even installing the RaceChip, I adjusted the BSFC in DashCommand with multiple test runs so that Dashcommand reports those values as close to the Factory rating as possible. It turned out that for my specific car to report 320 hp (327 PS) and 450 Nm (average max values over some 10 test runs), the BSFC needs to be set at 0.523.

Using this BSFC value, I'm getting figures I posted with the default setting of my Racechip (which it was shipped to me with). I gues that for relative (as opposed to absolute) measurements, this is as good a method is it can get.

Regarding GPS: due to the very poor accuracy of mobile phones GPS receivers (only reading data once per second at best) - during my test I'm using an external GPS (I have the Dual Skypro GPS Receiver - XGPS160, reading GPS data 10 times per second). So it's very interesting to still see figures like that...

Piotr
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD

Last edited by moldcad; 08-30-2016 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0