08-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #85
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
That's what proper suspension does to your car. The driver is cool, too. Bilstein Clubsport. I'm not sure you'll be able to enjoy it as much as a DD, though. I've always known those mediocre looking VWs can sometimes knock your socks off if set up properly.
This is what this driver had to say about his set up. This is from VWvortex forum:

"First, I track my cars often and regularly (Nordschleife), as you know. I had the DCC in my Golf 6 R. But for the Golf 7 R I didn't order it and mounted a Bilstein Clubsport Coilover Kit. I did this because I made the experience that the DCC is perfect if you use your car on streets only. But if you go to track your car, the DCC isn't really adaptable.

If you want to track your 7 R often, there is definitely no opportunity to a coilover kit with camber plates. Ohlins (road & track) was on my list but it was not available for the 7 R yet (when I had to decide) and the version for the 6 R was not available with adjustable camber plates. So the final choice was to be made between a KW Clubsport and a Bilstein Clubsport. The Bilstein I chose because I use my car all day as well and have to go min. 35 K Km a year all through Germany. And cause the Bilstein is a little bit more smooth generally it was my choice. Surely I had advice of experts before.

And what should I say: The Blistein CS is perfect. Gives you the chance to adjust up to -2,5° camber at the front wheels (OEM DCC max. -0,5°) and makes a great track performance. And on roads you have enough rest of comfort that even my wife goes to holidays with me in the car without any grousing.

How it works on track one can see in my Nordschleife vids" (Sig.)
Appreciate 0