Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
2.5 Years.

I get random Chassis Stability Malfunction errors (they go away after I turn off the car and on again) and I think my windshield wipers are stuttering. I'll bring it up at my next oil change in a few weeks.

Only changed the exhaust to M Perf exhaust and wheels to square set up.

I've also had 5 tires to be replaced... 4 of them all developed bubbles on the side wall (Maybe the set I got were defective..? The potholes here hasn't caused issues with my other car's tires) and one of them started leaking air.
Plenty of threads on BMWs' propensity for blowing tires/bending rims in the Wheels & Tires subforum. That's not really a warranty/build issue, but it's a problem endemic to BMWs -- and any other car with low-profile tires. What BMW does to exacerbate the tendency is:
- favor OEM wheels that aren't strong enough to handle sharp impacts
- favor OEM tires (particularly RFTs) that don't provide enough impact cushioning and shock dispersion
- Favor OEM suspension settings (spring rate/shock valving) that are too soft/easy to compress.

Also, FYI: I've had a bubble in my right rear OEM RFT for nearly a year now. Almost time to replace the tire (tread's at 4/32), thankfully; will happen in about a month. It's a very common occurrence.
Appreciate 0