Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigWig
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Both nice cars no doubt, I know we're BMW fans here but no one would hate driving the MB. Like BMW better? Sure. Hate either? No way.

I spent the same basically and got the 235 and a Macan because they're both awesome (similar to OP's garage) but totally different (unlike OP). Different strokes for different folks...
I owned an SL500 while I had my F30. I like both brands, but I definitely prefer BMW. Obviously all models are different, but in my experience, Benz cars just seem to have more of a muscle car feel to me (not a compliment).

I've driven tons of Mercs (I owned the SL, grandparents have a CLS500, ML350, and previous E500, and I've driven a half dozen C-classes on test drives as well as a couple of SLKs), and every time I drive one, it just seems to feel bulky compared to the BMWs I've owned/driven.
I agree completely and I've driven pretty much everything in their current lineup. Was just trying to point out that none of them are horrible. Sure compare an entry level C to the AMG version and it's going to suck, but pretty much any of them are basically fine. Sure there are better cars out there but none of them are worst in class.
Appreciate 0