12-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Your mileage will vary on this, as per the millions of threads on the subject.

I have been pulled over (NY) specifically for the front plate and no other infractions. When cops are looking for easy money to make it's a quick ticket, or excuse to pull you over to see if there's any other reason to give you a ticket.

But I still had the car drilled without the front plate and left it that way for 2+ years. Just have to pay to play.
I've only been pulled over the one time in a meh neighborhood in a car not quite as nice as a BMW, plus I had holes in the front. That car actually had some asswipe steal the front plate ('cause he said I stole his girlfriend), and so it had the original holes.

I went three years without a front plate on my mineral white 335is and never a front plate issue from police or CHP. Now with the 2er, it may be harder to pull, as the car is red and has the euro plate on the front for now. I just feel like it screams out for attention from the cops, unlike the last car where in passing it might go unnoticed (as the car and California plates are white).