03-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM View Post
Terry @ BMS also did some IAT comparisons with their filter and it showed almost no difference between the stock unit. I can't imagine the aFe being worse, especially with the heatshield/cover available. If you're planning to buy an aFe intake, then they do sell a box if you are worried about heat.

I don't believe Dinan has cracked the new ECU yet, or else I'd consider it. But I have not seen or read any issues with the JB4 though. And at this time, the JB4 seems to be the best dollar to horsepower unit out there that actually works. Once the new ECU is cracked, I might switch. But for now, I am okay with this and along with the other thousands of the boosted BMW owners out there that use the JB .
OP, not to rain on your parade. When you break something and need it to bring it to BMW for service, just remember that your VIN may very well be flagged (whether you take out that piggy or not) and you might run the risk of voiding your beautiful new car warranty. I have seen it happen.
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0