08-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #73
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i

Garage List
Quote:
Headlights: Standard xenon HIDs provide a very bright and uniform pattern of light but, unfortunately, they do not provide sufficient forward seeing distance to allow a driver time to see, react and brake for objects or pedestrians ahead. This is also what we've seen with other BMW sedans. The adaptive function operates smoothly as it allows the lamps to swivel to provide added light in corners; it is well synced to steering inputs.
I gotta call bull$hit on this one. I've had my 228i for 11 days so far, and all I can say is that the headlights are the best I've ever experienced, both low and high beam. I was never very happy with my E90's low beams, but it was like daylight when I switched to high beams. In the 228i, everything is awesome. With the low beams, the house at the end of block lights up when I first turn onto my street.

I have to wonder if it's just a matter of adjustment. Maybe BMW adjusts the low beams slightly low at the factory, but some dealerships adjust them a bit upward before delivering them?

Appreciate 0