View Single Post
      04-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #49
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Seriously, I know many of you are bummed but this is far quicker and direct response to what many of us have faced in the past with fuel pumps. This was a really quick, low drama recall. I'm critical of BMW when I think they are messing up but this time around, they got a bad part from a top-notch supplier (BOSCH) and they are quickly recalling it. Doesn't get much better than that for resolving an issue.

I knew several that had several fuel pump failures in the past in E90s and E82s only to be told they were working on it, it's US fuel, blah blah. I was told that the 1M pump was not affected, blah blah....at 10K miles car takes longer to start then starts on 1 cylinder sounding like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

So just offering some perspective, this recall came on after few failures compared to the past.
Yep, BMW also had widespread HPFP problems with 2011 Mini Countryman, and if I recall correctly all they did was fix them when they failed and never recalled them as a preventative measure. Hopefully they are changing their ways for the better.
Appreciate 0