Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
When I say "suit us" I meant price point, practicality, etc...but this doesnt mean I'll pick my M235i over a M4, ferrari, lambo

You telling me the M235i is the better car cuz its more of a bargain and not that the M235i is the better car. We can all afford the M4 but I too choice the m235i cuz its a better bargain and "suits" me more...but I cant deny that the M4 is the better car

So back to the car review, this isnt a financial magazine but a car enthusiast mag so lets not compare cars for better bargain..comon now
i dont buy bargains. I buy cars I like ir-respective of others opinions. If I listened to others I wouldnt buy or have bought half the cars Ive owned. Thats anything from Lotus Esprit Turbo's to Alfa Romeo's and the list goes on.

The M4 is a technical marvel that is oversized and not at all what I like in cars now. Its marginal capability over the M235i in my opinion in no way justifies the price of entry. Fully loaded I wont even look at it. I will be in a Cayman GTS and Ive got my eyes on the Alfa 4C. Both far more interesting than the M4. There is a very good chance the 4C will be in the collection soon.
I think the different perspective you and I have is the pricing (germany vs usa)...maybe??

The base m4 here is $20k more but the m4 has alot of standard options like Nav/leather/CF bits where the m235i are optional items which will increase the price.

But back to my point, this review is giving the m235i the trophy cuz its the better bargain / bang for the buck and Im trying to say its irrelevant to compare cars on price tags and not performance alone...but i guess reviews will be boring if it was just all on spec numbers
Appreciate 0