06-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #19
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Have you ever owned a 911? I ask because it's not a car you "get" quickly or easily. It is a peculiar brand of vodka, but once you get hooked...

As for the Cayman being a "better" driver's car, that depends what you mean. It transitions more quickly, but it doesn't like to hold a slip angle nearly as much. A friend owns one of the fastest Caymans in the country, 3.8L, 2610 lbs, radial slicks, etc. It's hugely effective, but even he admits the 911 is more fun at the limit... Of course I might be biased...

I hope they don't.

I hope they focus on what baby M cars have always been good at: fun factor. If you've driven a GT3 you know it will leave an M3 or 1M for dead in the real world. The problem is, while you might be tripling the speed limit, you don't actually feel like you're going that fast.

That might be a good thing if you're on the autobahn or the track, but on a US street it's actually bad. I'd rather BMW focus on feelings rather than numbers. Unless you're racing against the clock you probably should too...
GREAT post !!
And indeed Mazda ..... my 1991 Miata is still a blast !!