View Single Post
      07-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
coolicarboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i

Considering an M235i

Hey guys, I used to own an E92 328i and I loved it. Great handling car that was very refined and fun to drive. I got into a 2013 VW GLI, and while it is convenient, it has started to give me a lot of issues. I want something a bit more fun and refined that can be modded, while at the same time won't leave me stranded like the VW has three times.

First option is, as the title says, a 2016 M235i. Seems like a fun car, and with the N55, more reliable than the N54 was. Also have done a lot of research and it can be modded pretty well which I like. Very refined, too!

Second option, a 2016 Audi S3. Now, I know that VW and Audi are the same company, so i'm a bit weary of this one. It seems like much more of a drivers car than the GLI, with all wheel drive and increased power and suspension. It can also be modded a lot which is a plus.

Third and last option, which may be comparing apples to oranges, a 2016 Subaru STI. I really like the performance of this car, but I am worried about the ringland issues it has. Also, being stick, I can imagine it might become a pain living in Miami.

I realize that this is a 2 series forum, but maybe someone has had experience with one or more of the listed cars. I will be test driving them all, but I would like to hear the opinions of others as well!

Input?

Alpine white 2009 E92 328i (Gone)

Last edited by coolicarboy; 07-22-2015 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0