View Single Post
      12-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #162
mteele
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
I agree with mmmmm235i 100%. In case my earlier posting was misunderstood, I wasn't excusing or standing up for Leith or anyone involved in this. I was just saying that in my dealings with John Bailey I found him to be an upfront guy who found himself on the front lines of this fiasco. I think if it was up to him, he would have handled it differently but he's just a soldier in this battle. The dealership is trying to make money off their mistake. If they can get even a few uninformed customers to accept their "we made a mistake here's 15% off" solution, they make profit that they wouldn't have otherwise made if they hadn't made the mistake on the sale. That amounts to bait and switch, in my opinion.
Exactly. Leith is quoting me over $500 more for the parts compare to what they can be bought from GetBMWParts for (and Sun would be even cheaper). I wont go on and on about this, everything that can be said has been said. I am considering have my lawyer get involved since it wont cost me anything. They made what is effectively a contract - an exchange of goods for an agreed upon amount of money. And they sent me a confirmation email that even 'confirmed and accepted'.

I will be avoiding Leith in the future whenever possible (they are one of my local dealers).
Appreciate 0