Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdmaxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallmak
the 1 series was ranked as the second best car by consumer reports. the 2 series is an improvement on the 1 series. it's slightly more spacious, better looking and more powerful with better fuel economy. i think it will be a knock out.
I wouldn't use consumer reports as authority on cars. They concentrate more on # of cup holders and such. Some of their latest ratings are amusing: 99 for tesla model s and 95 for Chevy impala.
The Tesla is a fantastic car, and the IIHS said it was one of the safest cars they've ever tested. It's fast, handles well and has a stunning exterior. Most professional car publications would agree. Not to mention its a huge leap forward in technology. Not bad for a first year startup car company. Wouldn't you say?

In fact, it has me wondering what the hell the other car companies are doing (BMW included) that they can't build a better car than said startup. It's embarrassing, really.
I think his point was more that the Impala was only four points behind the Model S, not that the Model S got a 99.
Appreciate 0