View Single Post
      01-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #67
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
The problem with the base price is, you dont get things you really want. For example, after my experience with SMG and now with DCT, i will never go back to MT. So there is one major option that is a must for me and i suspect for many others. There are other must have options for many of us, that will raise that price significantly. In this case, i would just bite the bullit and pay $10k more for m4 with DCT.
Gotcha, and totally understood. I'm kind of on a different page than you. I drove both the M3 and M4 with both transmissions and know that:
1) DCT is not for me
2) I'd want the F80, but it's too big to be a weekend car, and it's not practical enough for me and my 2 big dogs.
3) I'd want something more in line with an E36/46 M3, rather than an E39 M5

Like I said in a few threads, if you split the difference between the M235i and M3 (completely base price), you get $52.5k. $10k to the F80 is rather significant for me, plus I'd get the nimbler car that I'd want.

Having an E36 now (as a DD), I've come to realize that there's just not much I need from a car in terms of options. Really, the only thing that I'd care about is that the car does not come with halogen headlights. That's pretty much the only thing that I miss when I switch back and forth from the E92 to the E36. Can't see a damn thing at night

Anyway, I think we all agree that BMW need to be super happy with the pricing. Too much and I might just jump ship and get a used Cayman S
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0