View Single Post
      07-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #12
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenme1 View Post
So..... I have a production number that is still unrecognized by bmwusa.com with the following error:

"We're sorry but the vehicle you are trying to register is not available at this time."

Which is a little worrying because when I call the 800 number it tells me that my vehicle is scheduled for production on July 3rd (two days ago).

I'm also confused because I've ordered a 2016 and I thought they wouldn't be building 2016's until after the summer shutdown.

Anyone else having a similar experience?
What summer shutdown are you referring to? SOP (Start of Production) for the 2016 2 series has long been scheduled for July, so it sounds like you are getting one of the first 2016's to roll out of the factory. In my experience, information on the website is often dated versus the 800 number. So it sounds like your car is in production right now, congratulations. You mentioned you are "worried". Is that because you have an appointment to pick up the car in Munich? If yes, what is the date? If no, there's nothing to worry about as you car will arrive when it arrives, and there's not much you can do about it :-)
Appreciate 0