View Single Post
      04-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #46
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjk View Post
Max 1k over invoice. Socal there's lkke 10 dealers within an hours drive.

Even 1k over is too high, IMO.

And there's no "special premium" for ordering it built. Maybe they get end of year incentives for what they have on the lot, but don't let yourself rationalize for them.

You can have an order built from anywhere including the east coast. A sale for your dealer is a sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjk View Post
Btw it is possible that your CA's hands are tied, but I doubt it for an M235.

Mine wouldn't give me more than 1,000 off msrp for an F80, but was willing to do 500 above invoice for an F30 (several thousand below msrp. Just what the owner was willing to allow the sales manager with their allotments.
You're telling him to go for $1k over invoice, but you yourself couldn't get anything more than $1k off msrp on a F80. On top of that, the best you could do is $500 over invoice on a F30, which is their bread and butter.

Apples and oranges. F30's are mass produced, F20's and F80's, not so much.

Everyone here is trying to one up each other on their sale price, but truth is we don't know what everyone's drive out price is. Maybe you got a deal on the vehicle, but you got ripped off on your trade or you purchased some warranty packages that made up the differences.

For every member here that thinks they got a deal, there's 10x the people who paid near msrp for their Bmw.

Don't get me wrong OP, go for the best deal attainable. Just don't get caught up in trying to out do what everyone here claims they got. Different markets, different situations, different deals.
Appreciate 0