10-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #27
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
For almost all cars, manuals will have both lower supply and lower demand (i.e., fewer cars available and fewer buyers looking for them). This means that the chance of a prospective buyer being geographically close to you are smaller if you're trying to sell a manual.
Indeed.

At one time all cars were manual. Now something like only 9% of new cars are manual. Fundamentally, most folks don't want them and the data supports that.

Sadly, as more folks try to text and drive or enjoy a cup of Starbucks while driving, I expect this sliding trend to continue. Kinda tricky to answer a cell call while your heel/toe-ing between 4th and 2nd in a corner.

You have to remember the little world we have here is very skewed and is filled with rabid drivers. These are blokes who give up creature comforts like air condoning vents for oil temp and turbo boost gauges. :thump:
In short…this list is NOT your typical BMW shopper, but rather a small, enthusiastic subset of them.

Will you have less potential buyers of a MT when you're ready to sell? Of course…the numbers above support that. BUT, the MT buyers will be more maniacal about having that MT. You shouldn't have too hard of a time to locate a banshee that likes rowing gears when you want to sell. Plus the MT on the 2 comes with pretty good accolades so far.

Me…I prefer an AT due to a bad left knee and hideous LA traffic. Plus my AT shifts like heaven with the paddles and is faster and gets better MPG.

What should you do?

Get the one that you enjoy driving the most!

Appreciate 0