View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #59
jbrucebmw
jbrucebmw
Rep
Drives: 09 M5 95 M3 85 M635CSi...

LSD and hydraulic steering would a great step towards capturing the spirit of the 318is. I would way rather have the LSD than the adaptive suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
There's not much 'track handling' about this package IMO:
-I have a 125i (basically the same car as the 228i with other software ) and specifically configured my way around Servotronic and VSS in order to have the steering wheel with the most feel and feedback and which is unhampered by a variable ratio.

-I also avoided the Adaptive suspension because they are expensive (also to replace), and the M Sport suspension is already a perfect allrounder, also for the occasional Nürburgring-trip. A real track package should have had the M Performance suspension.

-Also, a track-package should include an LSD, only then we would have seen a spiritual successor of the 318is. Really hope that the M Performance LSD will also fit the 125i/228i. Would prefer that over going non-OEM. Either way, this package is not worthy of its name without it.

-the Michelin PSS are supposed to be terrific tires, but those are (according to Leebman 24) standard on the 18" 461 M-wheels.

-I am extremely satisfied with the M Sport-brakes though, knowing they are developed for the M135i gives enormous confidence. I have the feeling that I never really used their capacities yet, not even on the Ring or in the mountains. Supposedly they are good enough for an occasional track day.

So don't waste your money on packages, just tick the right boxes.
Appreciate 0