United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyga3
Schweeeet! So does this now mean that BMW is no longer going to "void warranty if vehicle was used on/in a track environment?"
"wink-wink" BMW! ;-)
When have they ever done that? Heck my dealership even sponsors the BMWCCA and have sponsored cars at every autocross and HPDE
It's always been in the fine print of the warranty. They have the right to refuse repair if it was discovered that the car was used for "racing" purposes. Now "racing" is a loose term that is way open to interpretation for BMW's benefit.
It's interesting how now they are marketing "track" components, but in the end it's a passenger car with this "legal door". It's just an out for them if there was excessive usage leading to component failure. This was such a big discussion during the intro of the 335's due to the early overheat / limp-home issues seen on-track.

And just because a dealer sponsors an event, doesn't mean that a warranty claim will be covered, as warranty repairs are submitted by the dealer to BMWNA for reimbursement. It's BMWNA/BMWAG that foot the bill for warranty repairs.

So hence my comment: BMW are you egging us on to REALLY track these cars now, or is it just more marketing? And did you change the warranty agreement? :-)
2005 R53 MINI Cooper S (retired)
2002 E53 X5 3.0 (retired), 1999 E46 328i (retired)
Appreciate 0