View Single Post
      07-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
RacerDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Day 9, Strasbourg

Greetings from Strasbourg France. This is only an overnight stop, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to experience France. The reason we picked this location is that is halfway between Lucerne and our next location (sorry, you will have to wait to find out where).

I took this opportunity to show you what the trunk space looks like. We have one large rolling suitcase and two medium size travel backpacks (carry-on size) in there and still have some additional space left over.

Also, stopped to get gas. Germany, Austria, and Switzerland have you pump first, then pay. Italy you can pay a kiosk before pumping, however only one pump out of three accepted my card. This picture was taken in Switzerland off the A2. I am currently averaging 22.5 mpg in mixed driving. This includes steady 80mph runs for several miles on European highways.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Strasbourg (who knew). I'm not sure if this was their driveway, but the car was small enough to fit.

I also took the opportunity to show an underside picture while parked in the garage.

What is the first thing you do when entering foreign country after seven days? Laundry of course. The best way to experience a country is to live among the residents, not just go to the tourist attractions. I had to visit the local supermarket in several locations and use the same services the residents do. It is a very different experience than just going to the usual places, especially when you have to learn important phrases very quickly.

Strasbourg is small French city with a heavy German influence. As in all the cities we visited, there is a difference between the local and tourist areas.

Dessert

I was amazed to see this car in France in the condition it was in. I had an '82 Celica ST Coupe.

I didn't see any Citroen 2CVs, but I did find this Renault 4 in pretty good condition.

Tomorrow we will be back in Germany. I will have some more driving impressions and a report from our location. I am not sure how reliable the internet will be so it may take a couple of days. Stay tuned.

Last edited by RacerDad; 07-11-2016 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0