View Single Post
      03-10-2024, 01:26 PM   #1
akrobert9072
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

No crank no start..

Alright so this has been a rough 6 months but I had been on the road about 6-7 miles and I noticed some smoke in the cabin. Turns out.. my battery was on fire, the cause of the fire was the IBS/Saftey connection on the positive terminal broke and was dangling around which heated up the plastic positive terminal cover which then caught fire.

The car started up and drove fine 2 times after i put the fire out, once to move the vehicle out of the drive thru i was in at the time of the fire and the other to drive to the auto part store for a new battery. Once that battery was installed the car would crank but never started.

I started diagnostic by checking the fuses in both fuse boxes and they were fine, I then replaced and reprogrammed the battery using ISTA, then I replaced the battery terminals that were burnt in the fire. After this I was still having a crank but no start issue. After digging around and trying to scan for faults on ISTA i was getting 180+ faults and some communication issues with my DME/ECU.

So I just recently bought and had a new ECU programmed along with the FEM due to the communication errors.

Now when i scan the car with ISTA i receive the errors shown in the photos i attached. I no longer get any crank to the car, however when i hit the push to start i get a click and the dash etc all comes on as normal.

I am at a major loss right now and just want to get the vehicle up and running. Prior to the new ECU and FEM I was getting air, spark and fuel when it cranked it just would not fire up.

Please if anybody has any idea on what i can do let me know i need to work on this car but BMW quoted me 6-10k for diag and repairs and nobody else will touch the vehicle. (which is bs bmw was just very rude and disrespectful with me)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0