04-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
Dr. Indiana Jones
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
It's great - I don't feel like I am searching for my car keys all the time - they just go in the briefcase and stay until I get home.
Here's another tip for the paranoid folks like me. I find the fob option that automatically opens all of the windows and sunroof, while a chick pleaser no doubt, can in rare instances be accidentally activated if the fob is in your pants pocket. More common still, u might accidentally unlock the doors or trunk w/o even knowing it. Unless u can deactivate the former fob function, and live w the risk of the latter - no thx - then what I do is store the fob in a tight fitting plastic container w weather stripping inside the edges so there's no way to accidentally activate the fob. Presto, no worries about accidentally opening or unlocking anything, and the fob rarely if ever needs to be recharged in the ignition. Only CA makes this possible. The only downside of CA, and it is a minor one - is that if u have the fob on your person when washing the car, the water pressure will constantly open and lock the door locks and the car will beep each time.
Appreciate 0