09-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #22
F1wheels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

GFB BOV vs Forge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
GFB DV+ has been very popular lately. A lot of guys are finding out their stock DV have been leaking. So this has improved throttle and boost response. It adds a little more noise but nothing like an atmospheric BOV.
Jeff,
I have finally diagnosed my problem and what I thought was a weak hpfp issue has turned out to be a bad DV. I also have been looking at he GFB DV that basically retains the stock BMW unit but replaces the valve body with one that is made from Aluminum instead of the cheap and weak factory plastic one. For only $140 it seems to me as a "no brainer". As far as the loud noise that you get from some BV's I am fine with nothing louder than stock. I guess you get to a point where "sounding cool" is not a buying feature but something of more one's personal taste. Where as myself if it does not improve the performance of the vehicle than it would not interest me.
So I take it you would agree with my choice of the GFB DV as a replacement for my failing factory unit?
Many Thanks,
David