09-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #13
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes ED won't be the reason but I spoke to a GM at a large dealership and he told me it's not unheard of that they will configure a car differently in some cases but it takes someone pushing it past the salesman. Yes change won't be immediate but you never know! It's not a hard change for them because we simply are asking for the base msport interior on left hand drive cars nothing new. To not even try will guarantee nothing will change. I think it's worth a try! What is wrong with trying? Did Jonas Salk quit trying to find a polio vaccine because it might not happen? You can't win if you don't try!
I hear you. But I also understand the reality is Sensatec and Leather are options which have a fixed dollar value as options which affect the MSRP of the vehicle for new sales, resale and insurance purposes. How can the car manufacturer deal with these changes when no price point has been set for an option in the US? They won't just pull a number out of a hat and they can't take the equivalent price using a Euro to USD conversion based on the price on a German spec car. What shows up on the sticker?
Appreciate 0