View Single Post
      10-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

I think you're probably right. I decided "yes" on the track package and "no" on the tech package. Your concerns are one of the big advantages of leasing. I don't need to factor in future repair and maintenance costs (or even long term reliability) because the car will be covered under warranty and free maintenance the whole time I have it. I also don't have to factor in resale value because in a lease BMW has already set the resale value (residual percentage). Are orange cars a fad? Maybe so, but I like them and if that color affects resale value down the road, I don't have to worry about it. I know people have strong feelings both ways about leasing, but I like the piece of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
I'm going back and forth on this as well.

I think the biggest pluses are the better brakes and tires. The suspension is both good and bad. In theory, it should be able to be both more comfortable or stiffer than the normal sport suspension due to the adjustable shocks. But it is a LOT more to go wrong, and it will cost a fortune to replace those adjustable shocks when the time comes. Same with the steering, bound to be more expensive to fix when the time comes.

For me, this car will probably not be a keeper like my '11 wagon is, so I will probably go for a lot more toys on it, THP included. The wagon was intentionally ordered one step from being a stripper because I plan to keep it pretty much forever.
Appreciate 0