View Single Post
      05-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
AyoTrev
Rep
Drives: 03' S2000 AP1

Torn on deciding my future car

Picking a car right for me has been the biggest struggle for me lately. So I am here today asking for your opinions. What led you into deciding that the m235i was THE car you wanted any why nothing else?

I'll start off with a little back story:
The current car I own is a 2006 Acura TSX and it has been with me since day one. It is an absolutely beautiful car and I can't seem to give it up. The reason I say that is because being a 9 year old car, I have just hit 115k kilometers and it still runs like a charm. Other than having to replace the battery and alternator recently, there have been no major problems. Recently, I just got a quote from Lexus and they offered to give 10k for the car and all I could think to myself was "holy shit 10k? I have to sell quick!" And this is what started everything.

Fast forward to present day, I have been taking car shopping a lot more seriously having known the price of my current car that I could trade in. After searching around for cars I could possibly consider, I ended up here about a month ago. Seeing all your guy's builds convinced me the m235i was the car I wanted. Small, fast, modern, loud, sporty. All the things I could ever look for in a car was the m235i... Until I saw the price.

Being just shy of 60k CAD after tax and all that jazz (oh I didn't mention that I haven't actually sat down and negotiated prices but lets just say best case scenario i get around 55k CAD), it opened my eye to a lot of cars I could get. I have been looking at local Mercedes and their pre-owned inventory and the price of the m235i could get me the 2011/2012 c63 (give or take another couple thousand depending on the year). Sure I would be getting the m235i brand new but the sound of having the c63, a dream car of mine for a while, seemed unheard of. The incredible V8 was taunting me. But the car is just not as good looking as the m235i. It is by no means modern. Another car that I thought was absolutely incredible was the Golf R. But after deeper thought, I couldn't justify the 10k over the GTI. So i've been through a lot of cars in my mind.

So here I am back to the question I wanted to ask you guys the most. What led you into deciding that the m235i was THE car you wanted any why nothing else? What was your experience leading up to buying the m235i? Am I just unsure of what I want? I have yet to test-drive the m235i because all the dealers I have been to never have a demo car.

Please help! I'm pulling out hairs because of it!
Appreciate 0